Rules and Regulations
The objective of the school is to provide student-centered, relevant, modern Nepalese education that will sustain the student not only in the school and higher education but throughout their lives. Therefore the education here will be apolitical, non-commercial and secular, and the students, hopefully, would care for better values such as national integration, patriotism, cultured behaviour, humane attitude, empathy, compassion, peaceful co-existence, truth and non-violence.
All this would not happen without formation of certain rules leading all of us towards decent, disciplined behaviour. Outer discipline does encourage human beings to look within for answers, and leads them gradually towards inner discipline. We are sure that you agree with this too. Let us all co-operate, the teachers and the parents together to gently lead our children, our hope, towards enlightenment.
• During class time, no student leaves the school premises without the Principal's permission. Students may not leave the classroom without the teacher's permission, which ordinarily will not be granted.
• At no time should students be found playing, running chasing each other etc., in the corridors, in the classrooms or in the hall.
• During school hour, all have to speak in English at all times.
• Students coming to school without doing their homework, without books or found misbehaving in class are likely to be kept after school hours. For students of Grade- I to V prior warning will be given, for students of Grade-VI to XII, no prior warning will be given if kept after school.
• All the parents/guardians are encouraged to give the suggestions and feedback for improvement. However it is not possible to entertain everyone during the school hours Parents/Guardians can meet us after school time. To save everyone's time, all the parents/guardians are kindly requested to take prior appointment from reception to meet any Teacher/Co-ordinator/Vice-Principal/Principal/Director.
• Parents are particularly requested to sign diary and ensure that student has completed all the home works. Parents are also requested to read and sign all the notices/messages shared through diary. Failure to do so may put their children to great inconvenience
• Giving money or gifts to the staff members is prohibited. All such intended contributions may be made to the 'Akshar Employees Welfare Fund'.
• The school shall not be held responsible for books, money, cloths, watches and any other articles that are lost. Students must look after their own belongings. It is not advisable for the students to have money, valuable articles or jewelry with them.
• Mobile phones are not permitted in the school premises. Any student found carrying a mobile phone will be confiscated and a heavy penalty will be levied on the parents.
• Criticisms of teachers or of the school in children's presence should be avoided. Please meet the Principal with prior appointment regarding such matters.
• Parents & Guardians are specially requested to notify (in writing) the school authority for any changes in their contact number(s).
Rules related to Mess Facility:
• Meal is optional. Snacks & Lunch are booked on a yearly basis and cannot to changed. No deduction in mess fee will be made for the holidays including vacations.
• Parents must inform the school authority in written about any food allergies to their ward.
• Parents are requested to make the payment for meal on specified time. Incase any parent fails to pay the fee on time, his/her ward may be stopped from taking snacks and lunch facilities without giving any prior notice.
Attendance and absenteeism:
• Attendance in school is compulsory on every school day, including saturdays used as replacement classes and for all official school activities.
• The Students with below 75% attendance may not be allowed to give the final terminal examination.
• Students must be in school at least 10 minutes before school starts.
• All students must attend the school assembly.
• All students must attend the school punctually and regularly. Students coming late are liable to be sent home unless in case of an emergency. Late comers should bring a note of explanation from their parents & would have to collect a "late slip" from the Principal's Office before entering class.
• They must not stay at home with small excuses. Sickness, of course is an exception. In case of longer sickness, the parents must send a letter to the Principal with medical certificate.
• Students must attend/participate in all organised activities for which they have enrolled, unless permission is granted for them to be absent. The students should be regular with all their submissions (Projects, Essays, Home work etc.)
• School discourages parents from taking children out on holiday during term time & school will be under no obligation to grant the leave.
• The School reserves the right to take any disciplinary action on students who are found to be regularly absent without valid reason(s).
• No examination/test will be re-conducted in any case. School will be under no obligations to re-conduct any examination.
Assessment System and collection of Report / Marks Card(s):
• At Akshar, we have effective assessment system that can contribute to improvement of each and every student. Our assessment system is Continuous and Comprehensive. These are intended to provide feedback with respect to how well the student is grasping the concepts being taught.
• For students of toddlers no written exams are conducted. The student's progress is gauged by their day-to-day activities, learning outcomes & oral test. For students of Nursery, LKG & UKG student's progress is gauged by class evaluations (day to day activities), oral test & written test.
• For primary and upper primary sections, a certain number of assessment tests like mid term evaluations are conducted & graded and these scores are maintained for the purposes of term end reports. Hands on Practical & Project work / Class work /RRWD/ are also part of term end reports. All assessments conducted are shared with parents on an ongoing basis; and formal assessment reports are shared with parents during the Open House (PTM) at the end of Term-I, Term-II, Term-III & Final Term (Term-IV).
• English, Science, Social Studies, Mathematics, Nepali are the subjects under Part-I which cover the scholastic areas, while Art and Craft, Moral Science, Games, Music and Dance, Personal and Social Traits, Attitudes and Values and Social Qualities form Part II and cover the co-scholastic areas. Formal assessment reports will cover both these areas using the scale/grade as decided by Government of Nepal. However overall grade is calculated based on the performance in the scholastic areas.
• No students will be allowed to appear the term exam(s) without valid admit card.
• Term end Marks card/ Final examination Marks card of a student should be collected from the school personally by the parents/appointed guardian and not by any other person. Term end Marks card/Final Marks card will be distributed on a particular day and parents/guardians are requested to come on time. Incase any parent/guardian fails to come on time; he/she may request the school management in writing, for arrangement of another meeting. However school management will be under no obligations to arrange any other meetings. Incase meeting has not been re-scheduled, the report card will be distributed along with the report of next term.
• We follow the grading system and students scoring 'Grade-E' will not be promoted to higher classes.
• No examination/test will be re-conducted in any case. School will be under no obligations to re-conduct any examination.
• Parents are requested to pay the fees regularly and to keep the fee receipts till the end of the academic year. Parents can also pay the fees at any branch of NMB Bank. Contact the account section for more detail. Please remember Fees once paid are not refunded in any circumstances. Security Deposit will be only refunded at the end of academic year after submitting an application along with fee receipt and school has to be informed at least 2 months in advance. No student is allowed to leave the school in between the academic session.
• It is the sole responsibility of the parents to pay school fees on time. Incase of late payments fines and penalties will be charged.
• The school reserves the right to strike the name of a student off the Roll or stop him/her from appearing for any test/examination including external examinations for non-payment of fees and other dues before the commencement of such examinations. Students whose fees are in arrear for two or more consecutive term may be stopped from participating in any school activities. It renders a student liable to have his/her name struck off the rolls. Re-admission may be granted only on payment of re-admission fee of Rs. 5,000/-.
• Registration fee/Admission fee/any other fees once paid is not refunded in any circumstances. The school management is not liable to compensate or refund any fees due to any unforeseen circumstances like strike etc.
• In case a parent want to withdraw his/her ward from the school, application for the same must be rendered one month prior & the fees for the whole academic year will be charged. However fees applicable for transportation and mess will be only charged for quarter/term in which request for TC is made. Before submitting the request for TC, parents must ensure that all the marks cards/report cards are collected. Once the TC application is processed, the school management will not be liable to issue any new marks card/ report card.
• The following categories of pupils may be required to be withdrawn from the school (not necessarily notifying the cause to the parents)
- Those who fail to show satisfactory progress and are unwilling or unable to benefit from the educational program of the school.
- Those who fees are in arrear for two or more consecutive term.
- Those whose behaviour in the opinion of the Principal is harmful in the interest of the school.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for a long period (maximum of 15 days) renders a student liable to have his/her name struck off the rolls.
Re-admission may be granted only on payment of re-admission fee of Rs. 5,000/-
- Those who fail twice in the same class or below average.
• The amount of security money deposited at the time of admission should be claimed within three months from the date of leaving the school, otherwise it will stand forfeited. Incase of withdrawal in between the session, parents need to submit an application for refund of security deposit & after payment of all the applicable fees (as mentioned above in withdrawal procedure), security deposit will be refunded by A/C payee cheque drawn in favor of father/mother. Documents required for withdrawing the security deposit:
- Application form duly signed by any parent.
- Clearance from Account section saying that all dues are cleared.
- Clearance from Lab(s) & Library.
- Fee receipt.
• Withdrawal/Transfer in the month of Chaitra will not be accepted.
• Transfer or school leaving certificate shall not be issued until all dues are paid. Duplicate copies of such certificates are not issued. In special cases, such certificates are issued after verification and on payment of Rs. 2000/- as duplicate certificate fee.
Rules related to Library:
• All students and staff of the school are members of the library.
• Strict discipline and silence are to be observed in the Library.
• Classes come to the Library once a week to change books and learn library skills but students may check out books at any time. Primary students will visit the library every week in assigned period with their teacher.
• A student can borrow books at a time for a period of two weeks. The number of books a student may have out at one time varies with grade level.
• Pre-primary: 1 book • I-II: 1 book • III-V: 2 books • VI-VIII: 2 books • IX-X: 3 books
• A staff member can borrow maximum two books at a time for a period of one month.
• Books will be issued to the students, during the library periods. No book will be issued or returned during the teaching hours.
• Marking, underlining or writing on library books, periodicals, and newspapers is strictly forbidden.
• Reference books and current periodicals will not be issued to any member. These can be consulted only in the library.
• Dictionaries, Encyclopedias etc. would not be issued.
• Newly purchased books will not be issued to any user for at least one month. But it will be displayed separately as new arrivals.
• If the books are not returned within the specified time it will be viewed seriously and fine of Rs. 10/- per day per book will be charged for all students.
• The Librarian may call for a book at any time, even if the normal period of loan has not expired.
• In case of book is misused, wrongly handled or lost the person concerned will have to replace the book or pay the double amount of current market price of the book.
• After reading, make sure that the books, periodicals and newspapers are kept back at their respective places.
• The members should take good care of library furnishings and equipments
• Drink and eatables are not allowed in the Library.
• Library computers are for academic purpose only. Do not tamper with the computer settings. Follow the Internet safety guidelines. No mailing, chatting, game playing, downloading, objectionable websites, streaming video, or non-related school usage.
• A ‘No Dues Certificate’ by each student is to be obtained from the Librarian while his/her transfer/withdrawal from the school.
• Strict order and silence shall be maintained in the library and speak softly if needed.
Rules related to Science laboratories and Computer Lab:
• Students must conduct themselves in a responsible manner at all times. Frivolous activities, mischievous behavior, throwing items, and conducting pranks are prohibited.
• Lab computers are for academic purpose only. Do not tamper with the computer settings. Follow the Internet safety guidelines. No mailing, chatting, game playing, downloading, objectionable websites, streaming video, or non-related school usage.
• Lab and safety information and procedures must be read ahead of time. All verbal and written instructions shall be followed in carrying out the activity or investigation.
• Eating, drinking, gum chewing, applying cosmetics, manipulating contact lenses, and other unsafe activities are not permitted in the laboratory.
• Working in the laboratory without the instructor present is prohibited.
• Willful damage to any lab properties/equipments will attract penalties.
• Unauthorized activities or investigations are prohibited. Unsupervised work is not permitted.
• Removing chemicals or equipment from the classroom or laboratory is prohibited unless authorized by the instructor.
• A ‘No Dues Certificate’ by each student is to be obtained from the Science lab and computer lab while his/her transfer/withdrawal from the school
• The school website is at this address: www.akshar.edu.np. More information about the school is given on the publicly accessible web pages. In addition, for enrolled students and their parents, the separate Portal is accessible at http://www.aksharschool.info/guardian. A username and password is assigned separately for each parent, and the parents can login to view the information. The Portal offers a communication channel for announcements and other information about school operation. From time to time the Principal or a senior member of school staff will place an announcement on the Parent Portal. Parents can also access the daily class routine & detail of classes conducted with class work and homework details. Incase any parents encounter problems in accessing the school portal, may write to the school's helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Parents are requested to check the student's diary daily and read the instructions given by his/her teachers.
• Parents are particularly requested to sign diary and ensure that student has completed all home works/assignments. Parents are also requested to read and sign all the notices/messages shared through diary. Failure to do so may put their children to great inconvenience.
Rules related to transportation facilities:
• While it is not feasible to drop and pick up students from their doorstep, we do try and accommodate the nearest bus stop for everyone keeping in mind the timings and routes.
• Fee applicable for transportation is decided based on drop and pickup point. Incase any parent wishes to change the drop and pickup point in the mid-session, has to submit an application to the transport In-charge. The school administration will decide based on availability of seats in new route. Once the application is approved, fee will be charged as per the new drop and pickup point. Incase application is rejected, no fees will be adjusted/refunded.
• You will be invoiced every quarter for both ways even if your child travels one way.
• In case of withdrawal from school transport, parent must inform the school authority in the written and fee applicable for one quarter (3 months) will be charged.
• Routes are subject to undergo revision (any time) by the school administration.
• On the specific day, buses will go for servicing and on that particular day, parents are requested to drop and pick up their child(ren) on their own. Regarding this particular day, school will inform the parents in advance.
• Student will be handed over to the person in possession of pick-up ID card. If the person is not carrying the student's pickup card, will be required to come to the school office and present identification.
• It is the responsibility of the parent / guardian to notify, the transport In-charge in writing, any changes in their information related to transportation.
• The school observes all safety precautions and utmost care is taken to avoid accidents. The school cannot be held responsible for accident of any nature in the School laboratories, playground or anywhere on campus and around it or in the School transport vehicles. No reimbursement of charges would be made towards any medical treatment.
• The ‘Pick-Up Card’ is meant to be used by the family members/ household help to show to the school authorities at the time of pick-up every day. The pick-up may be in the school or at the designated bus stop.
• The use of the ‘pick-up card’ will ensure that only a responsible person designated by the family is authorized to take the child from the school or the bus stop. The purpose is to prevent confusion or accidents of any kind.
• Your child will not be allowed to go home with either you or any other authorized person unless you or he/she shows us the ‘pick-up card’. In case of ‘school transport users’ the child will be brought back to the school, if the person to pick up is not carrying the pick-up card in the afternoon. The parents would then be called and asked to pick up the child from the school.
• Please keep your child’s pick-up card safely and use it carefully every day. If a pick-up card is lost, a duplicate will be issued only on payment of Rs.300/-
• Also note that any change in the mode/time of departure, needs to be conveyed clearly to the school office in writing. Messages conveyed by phone or through friends will not be accepted.
• Wearing neat and clean uniforms during school hours is compulsory.
• Proper school uniform is mandatory, under penalty of exclusion from the classroom except on birthdays and special occasions. Unusual haircuts, coloured hair, beards and improper footwear are valid reasons for denial of admission to class. Girls with long hair should braid their hair.
• Student to wear school uniform for four days (Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) with black leather shoes and white socks. On Tuesday and Friday, all the students including boys and girls must wear house T-Shirt as specified as under with the same lower uniform i.e. blue trouser with white canvas shoes and white socks.
The colours of T-Shirts for different houses are as under:
a. Sagarmatha: Blue
b. Kanchanjunga: Red
c. Machhapuchhre: Yellow
d. Annapurna: Green
• Student has to wear the normal school uniform on Saturday or any public holiday,
• Designs, lines, arts, writings, patching, paintings or pictures on pants or shirts are not allowed.
• Low waist pants are not allowed in the school.
• Alternation in uniform in any way will not be allowed.
Please Note:- Above rules and regulations can be changed by The school administration without giving any prior notice.